Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Out with the old, and in with the new....

I don't know about anyone else, but I am officially sick of Christmas decor. I was impressed that my pine wreath over the mantle made it this long, but as of yesterday the needles are starting to fall. Therefore, it is time to be rid of the Christmas mantle scape. I am going to complete my new decor tomorrow, but thought I'd at least give a sneak peak of the new wreath I have concocted for my winter scene.....And winter is here in Connecticut as far as the blizzard that started here on Sunday....

Typically I'd make this wreath myself, but this one was 60% off at one of my favorite stores that is unfortunately going out of business. So, to make life easier on myself, I purchased this at a discounted price of $14.


Years ago I purchased a metal strand at the same store for 70% off after Christmas. I have been hanging onto it all this time waiting for the right project. I honestly think I have had them for 6 years. I cut the wire in between each object and dry brushed white paint onto each one.....

Then I pieced it all together along with some greenery to come up with this:








If you get the chance, stop by tomorrow to see the completed project....

Take care,
Lisa

Linking here:
Restore Interiors

3 comments:

  1. How cute and creative! It's totally you! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. great wreath has that natural look...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - love it!
    I'm with you, I'm done with Christmas. I packed everything up last night.
    But I want to keep some of my winter things out.
    Oh, and we getting SNOW tonight! Maybe 5 inches! We'll see!

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com