Thursday, January 13, 2011

Whimsical chic wall shelf.....

Unfortunately I don't have much to share today. I am in the midst of a big furniture project that took up a lot of my time today. I am hoping to be finishing and sharing that tomorrow. In the meantime, I did get to paint a very cute thrift store shelf I found. Here is the before:



I painted it a pretty periwinkle. It is something that is going in my shop so I didn't decorate it for any of the rooms in my house. I grabbed some nearby knick knacks for picture display....It would look great in any room of the house. In the kitchen with spices, in the bathroom with storage canisters, in the living room with candles, in a child's room with their accessoires, and so fourth and so fourth.




I look forward to you stopping by tomorrow!

Take care,
Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Cute shelf! Can't wait to see the "big" project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shelves and this one looks great in periwinkle! As you've stated, they're so versatile! I'll be looking out for your big project reveal! Has the snow finally stopped???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little shelf and it looks so different with color! Looking forward to your post today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH! I love how this turned out and the vignette you created is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It might be me, but can you flip it over? It looks just like a shelf in a set that a cousin of mine brought over from Germany YEARS ago & I think yours is upside down...
    LOVE the color!
    ♥hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Adorable and I love the sorta-shiney pots too! I am a new blogger and a new follower of your blog! PS~i grew up in Northern CT! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this. I hate having to store my spices in cabinets or lazy susans. This is more unqiue and clever in terms of storage.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

shinarmountaindesign@gmail.com